Virtual Learning Centre is committed to supporting diversity and equal opportunities in its dealings with applicants, students, staff and the public.
We are fully committed to creating a stimulating and supportive learning and working environment based on mutual respect and trust to assist staff and students to reach their full potential, regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, marital status, disability, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other similarly irrelevant factor.
Virtual Learning Centre’s mission, culture and values are underpinned by a set of valued behaviours that we particularly encourage from all members of our community:
- embraces diversity and promotes equality
- demonstrates personal integrity and respect for human dignity
- consistently demonstrates a commitment to enhancing the student and staff experience
- is wholeheartedly committed to the success of our students and staff
- demonstrates a commitment to high quality teaching and research and to freedom of thought and expression
- demonstrates commitment to the continuous improvement in the quality of services and processes
- demonstrates commitment to widening participation and lifelong learning
- does not engage in behaviours that are associated with a “blame culture”
- demonstrates awareness and commitment to the personal and professional development of staff
- displays corporate social responsibility and commitment to ethically sound behaviour and sustainability
- displays excellent communication, collaboration and team working skills and responds effectively to change